Overdraft Opt In/Opt Out
Thank you for choosing Horicon Bank for your checking account needs. New options are available to you regarding potential overdrafts on your account.
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdraft in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account, and this webpage explains our standard overdraft practices below.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account or Personal Line of Credit, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, please see your personal banker about these plans.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
- We do authorize and pay overdrafts for checks, automatic bill payments and other transactions made using your checking account.
- We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for ATM transactions or everyday Debit Card transactions unless you ask us to (see below), and provided you maintain your account in good standing.
- We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of overdraft transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Horicon Bank pays my overdraft under the standard overdraft practices?
- We will not charge an overdraft fee if an account is overdrawn by $5.00 or less.
- We will charge you a fee of up to $30 each time we pay an overdraft over $5.00.
- The maximum overdraft or non-sufficient funds fees you may incur in a day is $150.00.
What if I want Horicon Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday Debit Card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday Debit Card transactions, complete the form below and click “submit” or print the completed form and present to your local branch or mail to: Horicon Bank PO Box 144, Horicon WI 53032. You may also call 920-485-3040. This opt-in service is discretionary and subject to the parameters of our discretionary overdraft payment service and standard overdraft fees will apply.
What if I want to revoke my authorization?
You may revoke your election to opt-in to our institution's payment of ATM and everyday Debit Card transactions at any time by calling 920-485-3040, or by completing the form below and clicking “submit” or printing the completed form and presenting it to your local branch or mailing it to PO Box 144, Horicon WI 53032-0144. We will process and implement your revocation of consent as soon as reasonably practical after we receive it.
Overdraft Payment Service Form
By Making your election via this secure online form, you also agree to receive your confirmation regarding ATM and everyday Debit Card transactions via electronic method.
Please fill out all fields below - including if you would or would not like to authorize Horicon Bank to pay overdrafts on ATM and Debit Card transactions.
* indicates required fields