Opt in or Opt out
Thank you for choosing Horicon Bank for your checking account needs! An overdraft occurs when you don’t have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but the bank pays it anyway. We can cover your overdraft in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account or Personal Line of Credit, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
- We do authorize and pay overdrafts for checks, automatic bill payments and other transactions made using your checking account.
- We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for ATM transactions or everyday debit card transactions unless you ask us to (see below) and you keep your account in good standing.
- We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of overdraft transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Horicon Bank pays my overdraft under the standard overdraft practices?
- We will not charge an overdraft fee if an account is overdrawn by $5 or less.
- We will charge you a fee of up to $30 each time we pay an overdraft greater than $5.
- The maximum overdraft or nonsufficient-funds fees you may incur in a day is $150.
What if I want Horicon Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
Submit the form below or print the completed form and present to your local branch or mail to: Horicon Bank P.O. Box 144, Horicon WI 53032. You may also call 920-485-3040. This opt-in service is discretionary and subject to the parameters of our discretionary overdraft payment service, and standard overdraft fees will apply.
What if I want to revoke my authorization?
You may opt out of Horicon Bank’s payment of ATM and everyday debit card transactions at any time by calling 920-485-3040 or by submitting the form below or printing the completed form and presenting it to your local branch or mailing it to P.O. Box 144, Horicon WI 53032-0144. We will process and implement your revocation of consent as soon as reasonably practical after we receive it.
Overdraft Protection Form
Please fill out all fields below - including if you would or would not like to authorize Horicon Bank to pay overdrafts on ATM and Debit Card transactions.